Tuesday 3 March 2009

First day of using a Blog?????????



Well here we go and how I got here is a mystery, so hard to follow if no computery skills at all.
I started a few years ago writing a diary about how we were getting on with the barge we live on called Velocette. This seems a better way, but it will be hard going for me at first.
After nearly 5 yrs work and a heap of money I think we can look back and think it was worth the effort. I will try here to find a picture of our lounge as it was when we started. Amazing, I did it and now one as it looks today. This is my 60th party with a heap of friends who mostly all live on the water, I am playing the pipes here, well trying to as the alcohol was flowing well. We do (Jan and I all the work ourselves, she is a brilliant wood basher and I'm the welder, electrician, plumber, mechanic, and tea maker.
Enough for today as I can only take in a little at a time with this technology. A year ago I thought an apple was what you ate! Now I'm using one to do things I never thought was possible.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bruce
    What an honour to be the first to comment on your brand new blog!
    Here's a link to mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bruce! Great to see you in the land of bloggers. I'm going to send the link of your blog to a couple of my narrow boating contacts. By the way, if you go to your profile and edit your interests by joining the words 'narrow boats' together, you will probably find more people with the same interest. Add the word 'boating' too, and you will come up with a few more!

    Well done, and don't try eating this apple...it might give you a bit of a sore jaw ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Here's a link you might enjoy http://nbherbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete